Thursday, June 20, 2019

2014 Rocky Woods Lung Challenger, Root 66 Mountain Bike Series, Single Speed, Cat 1 Open....

No intention to race SS.  Been talking about it for a while but it has been just that, all talk.  Then I broke my derailleur two days before the race.  Since I had all the parts to convert to SS, and this was my only option, I converted.  32x19 is all I had.  Never raced the course or even knew what to expect.

Showed up and the class wasn't very deep. I think there was 5 of us on the start line. I stuck to the front on the first lap and was leading by the end of it as the two guys in front had dabbed on some rocks.  I got passed pretty strongly by one guy as we starting our 2nd lap and was not expecting to him again.  He was however walking the first climb and passed him again.  I got stuck in a mud puddle and was passed by the guy I was following at the beginning of the race. 

Never finished this race report but it looks like I ended up w/ the W!... for once....





No comments:

Post a Comment